HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Birthdays and How to Look Younger- or try


the skinny

<Not to hijack LKB's post, but I need to add that when I first started dating her son, I asked him a few times how his mom had such wonderful skin.  It's perfect!  He said it's because she cooks with olive oil.  Now we know the truth!>


As long as  we were on the subject of Birthdays, it kind of relates to getting older and looking younger. Which we all want to do, whether we are in our 20's (Mickey) or more (LKB).
Here is my latest regime:  I should mention, I have very DRY skin. Since I have been in my late 30's I have used Renova or Retinol. It is a prescription which you have to get from your doctor. To me it seems to "hold you". You don't see immediate results, but after using it for some time, I think it does make a difference. I use this at night.

My newest thing that I have been reading about and just purchased is the Clarisonic Facial brush. It is a tad expensive, but much less than dermabrasions. I used it last night and it does feel good, so we will see. I got the travel size- the least expensive. You can find them at: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P245414&categoryId=B70
I also have bought my 17 yr. old a similar brush at Target, much less expensive, and she is happy with that. http://www.target.com/s?keywords=facial+brush&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0 this is a similar one, the one I bought was Oil of Olay for 29.00
After i use the brush at night I put on this oil, it feels soooooo good. I do this a couple times a week.


http://www.dinur.net/drroark.html#emmu

I know this sounds like a lot but it is worth it.
For daytime I use Kiehls  products:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kiehls-abyssine-cream/2968974?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=1223
And finally I top it off with under eye cream, right now I am using Nars, but I also love Bobby Brown.
Last night sitting watching American Idol, I noticed Jennifer Lopez's beautiful skin. Even if you don't enjoy watching American Idol, it is worth it to see her makeup changes- she has amazing skin.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment