HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Heavenly Rhubarb Martini

AB just pulled rhubarb from  from the garden- one of the first signs of spring ...&  I saw a monarch today. I'm not sure if they are suppose to be around now.
It is so nice to have rhubarb right outside in the garden, since it is the first sign of things coming back to life after a long, cold winter.
So what to do with it!? Last year I tried making rhubarb vodka. AB opened the corked bottle this winter and it exploded all over the walls and ceiling- I think it fermented a little too much. 
So I adapted a martini recipe today, here's how it goes:

Wash and cut about 3 cups of rhurbarb.
 Cut into small pieces and put in a saucepan with about 1 cup of sugar.
Juice from 1 orange.
Boil for about 5 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft.
Put in a strainer over a bowl. The syrup does not have to be thick, just flavorful.
Let it set to cool.

 You are then ready to make the martini's.

Heavenly Rhubarb Martini

Put in a shaker, filled with ice
2 shots vodka   (I used ruby red- that's what I had)
1 shot St. Germaine Elderflower Liquor
1 shot heavy cream
2 shots rhubarb syrup (homemade)
shake, shake, shake
strain into martini glasses
yum!

Perfect to sip while grilling steaks!
 or anytime!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment