HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I want to be when I Grow Up

I am NOT a writer, so this is very unusual for me to want to write something.
As I was driving home from staying over at my son's house, watching his girls for the evening, while they were at a wedding. I turned on MPR- the person being interviewed  was a lady- I think her name was Sylvia Bornstein- I'm not sure- She is a Jewish Buddhist. She is a Psycho-therapist, book author, speaker and in her opinion, her greatest accomplishment is being a mom. One of the top things on her list of important things in her life is being a wife and a mom, who has raised" nice" kids. The list  then goes on to Dr. speaker,etc. In this day, most of the time, mom isn't a "good enough" title. You also need a job title in front of it. I have always been happy being a mom- I like to try and be a good one. I try and take it seriously and I think I have really "nice" kids. Sometimes I feel like I should be doing other things. Even though I am never not doing something

Then I saw this quote from Erma Bombeck:
 "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Wow- panic!!! I don't know if I am doing that at all! I better get a job doing art somewhere!!!
After walking with my friend Lynn and telling her about this quote- she said " I use things you have made me all the time, and I love them." I love giving my art- I feel like it is a "gift" to me from God, so I like giving it as a gift. Sometimes it seems "worth" more if you get dollars for it.
 I look at my kids- which ties this all back to being a mom- and ALL of them are creative- I love that! Whether It's bring used as a business or just being them.
 I still have a lot of talent to give or use- I haven't used everything yet. It's comforting to know sometimes it's being used without really knowing it.

Back to the beginning of this-

Top of my list: I love being a mom and it can be who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment