HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Monday, April 4, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas!

I just made up a recipe and I think it's my favorite meal EVER - chicken enchiladas.  This kind of thing just doesn't happen to me... 
If you want to make a yummy dinner on the fast, here is how I made it!

**I didn't measure things because I wasn't planning on repeating it, so feel free to vary this recipe however you'd like.**

I used the following ingredients:
  • 2 cooked chicken breasts  (Chopped into small pieces)
  • Salsa  (16 ounces at least)
  • Cream Cheese  (I used 1/2 of a block)
  • Corn  (I'd estimate about 1 cup)
  • 1 small can diced green chiles
  • 1 15 ounce can of pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 2 cups of shredded cheese  (I used 4 "Cheese Mexican Blend")
  • 8 flour tortillas
This is how I prepared them:
  • Heated cream cheese, corn and 1/2 of the salsa and 1/2 of the shredded cheese on medium low until the cream cheese and shredded cheese is melted and blended together.
  • Added the green chiles, pinto beans and chicken breast to the mixture and stirred together over medium low heat.
  • Then I greased a 9x13 pan and spread a small amount of salsa evenly on the pan.
  • Next I just filled tortillas, (each with a big scoop of the mixture) rolled them and placed them in the pan with the seam side down.
  • Top the enchiladas with the rest of the salsa and the remaining cheese.
Throw it in a 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes.  Let cool a few minutes and enjoy...mmmmmmmmmm.


Ummm...Ben is going to be home in 15 minutes but I couldn't wait and just had 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment