HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Back--

I've actually been back for a few days, but this has been a hard re-entry into "life as usual." For a couple reasons, we came back to a disaster of a house. Not because of our wonderful house sitter, he did a great job, but our house is in shambles because of repairs that are way too complicated to get into.
Bourbon St. New Orleans
Soft Shell Crab at Irene's in the French Quarter
Also, we had a great time. We played hard, walked a lot, laughed a lot, ate a lot-----

What we didn't do, is spend a lot of time on the internet or in front of the television ----- not at all!

And it was VERY nice!

Which brings me back to the re-entry into everyday life. I have been even a little hesitant to get back at blogging. The internet takes a BIG chunk out of LIFE.

What I did do is read a GREAT book- and I want to tell you about it, in case you have not read it yet.


It is an amazing story, a memoir. I usually don't read memoirs.... I'm not sure why, they have always sounded kind of boring. I heard Kerri Miller interviewing the author Laura Hillenbrand on MPR.
She told how she interviewed Louis  Zamperini long distance by phone to write the book. It caught my attention  and sounded good- once you get past the first 20-30 pages, you CAN'T PUT  IT DOWN!!!!
It's a true story, Louie is 97 now- it is amazing. It's really a book everyone should read-
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, buy it, borrow it- just read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment