HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Everything Girl



http://www.etsy.com/shop/ekate









I first experienced Erin Kate at Solomon's Porch, singing a beautiful song-not a dry eye in the place.
I thought," wow, how cool to be so talented." Then by chance I drew her name to do her daughter's portrait. At Solomon's Porch we have portraits of everyone who would like them, hanging in our sanctuary. I signed up to be one of the artists to do portraits and was excited to have this connection with Erin Kate.
This is my portrait of Lillian
Last fall I was included in an art sale at Solomon's Porch and was surprised to hear that Erin was going to have jewelry to sell there. I had no idea she was an artist as well as a singing artist.
Her pieces of art are amazing to say the least!
As we were chatting I was kind of apologizing for myself  not being focused on one thing. Some artists like to only paint, only do pottery etc. I really like to do a lot of things and get bored doing the same thing.  I do jewelry for awhile, then paint a little, then do photography and  back again to something I did a few months ago. I thought of it as a negative. Erin smiled and said," you are an everything girl." as she is too.   I love it-   it really does make me feel better- I had never thought of myself in that way.
THANK YOU- Erin!
Ok- here are a few of her things. With Mother's Day coming up, or someone having a baby. anniversary, birthday- anything- she will have something you will love.

Erin has a studio/shop at:
http://www.orchardarthouse.com/

Be sure and check it out for hours etc.
I've seen pictures of it and it looks very cool.
I haven't been there yet, but want to---

Hey, anyone --give me a call and we'll go to Orchard House and then lunch.
What a better way to spend  a spring day.
Check out Erin's art here
Here is my little treasure .....................................love it!!!!!

She's an "Everything Girl"
What more can I say!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment