HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fooood!

Growing this baby has made my mind mush.  The only thing I think about is food!

Here's a delicious, cheap, easy March recipe I got from LKB.  I made it on St. Patrick's Day, but you could probably get a good deal on some cabbage and whip this up tonight.  :)

It's so simple.  Here's the play-by-play:

Chop 1 medium onion and saute it in 2 Tbsp. butter until slighly browned.


While sauteing the onions, chop an entire head of cabbage.  Rinse it and then add it to the onion mixture.


Add the rest of the stick of butter (It's decadent like that) to the onion/cabbage mix.


Optional:  Add some cooked meat to the onion/cabbage mix.  I added about 1/2 cup of bacon crumbles.


Cook on medium heat until the mixture cooks down - about 30 minutes.

Add cooked egg noodles.  I tried to be good and use whole grain noodles.  I'd use regular next time, but if you're in a healthy mood, go ahead and try the whole grain!


Drain noodles and add to the butter, onion, cabbage, (bacon) mixture.

Add lots of salt and pepper!


ENJOY!!!!


My leprechauns and I did!




1 comment:

  1. super cute! and is a really good recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete