HIS MOM AND ME Headline Animator

HIS MOM AND ME

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Little Get-Away

my first robin of the season
This is not quite in the neighborhood. But if you are heading to South Dakota or anywhere off I90-
The Amboy Cottage is worth the extra 1/2 hr. it takes to get there. I was down in Fairmont visiting my mom for a day, going to the Amboy Cottage Cafe is always on our schedule.


chicken vegetable soup

Lisa makes everything fresh and delicious and grows a lot of her own vegetables.
The Amboy Cottage has been featured on The Jason Davis show.


After you have finished lunch you can wander across the street to an antique store, where we have found many treasures.  A couple stores down from the Amboy Cottage is a yarn/knitting store that Lisa and her mom Maria own- lots of wonderful angora!!! And finally at the end of the street is a cute store called Sweet Cicelly.
So lots of good things if you want to venture out of the city.


Chicken Salad with Homemade Raspberry Vinigrette
sorry I ate my dessert before I could get a picture, Raspberry Bread Pudding-mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment